Wednesday, March 1, 2017

March 1, 2017

Scripture of the day: 

Matthew 3:8

  • New Testament
Bring forth therefore fruits meet for repentance:

Tonight I invite comments, namely what your opinion might be on this subject.  Now let me tell you about this.  Michael and I were having a conversation.  Just a light one about today's events and such and at one point Michael started to say something.  He said, "I would like to confess..."  In this case the ellipse meant his stopping of talking.  At that point he confessed he could not remember what he was about to confess.  Lately his biggest complaint of himself is his forgetfulness.  He went on to say, "how can I confess my sins and come clean if I cannot remember what I am confessing?"

So here is my request for comments,  what say ye about such things?  How do we come clean if we cannot remember our sins?  What would you do? 

I know that when I begin my nightly prayers I usually say I know I have sinned but right now I don't know what they are.  Usually I can't remember things I have done throughout my day because I am just too exhausted to remember much more than my name at that point.  Actually for me I am more likely to remember numbers than my name.  I can remember my 15 digit library card number but I cannot remember people that I spent years seeing every day in school.  Funny how that works.

But those are my thoughts what are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment