Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March 8, 2017
Scripture of the day: 

Proverbs 21:20

20 There is treasure to be desired and oil in the dwelling of the wise; but a foolish man spendeth it up.

Last night Michael and I went to a class called Financial Peace University.  Michael talks about being Ramsified. Dave Ramsey is the author of Financial Peace University.  We have been kind of following his methods for money use and planning.  But Michael keeps saying when we get Ramsified and I am not quite sure what that means to Michael.  To me it means to follow the principles set out by Dave Ramsey and get out of debt.  But Michael and I are not exactly on the same page with this so, I hope this course will get us so.

This scripture was mentioned in the class.  It means we save for a rainy day and not spend all our money.  One of the things Dave says is: "Live like no one does so that you can live like no one does later." 

Sometimes this is difficult for me because I have been poor most of my life and had to make do for so long.  I get tired of sacrificing and not getting much to show for it.  But I guess that is my selfish side.  I hope the plan works and Michael and I get on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment